The BTFL has joined with the City of Ottawa to bring you this year’s Blizzard Bowl as part of the Winterlude celebrations at Lansdowne!!
Come play touch football with friends and family, in the great outdoors!
The Blizzard Bowl is a yearly event that will be held on the Great Lawn at Lansdowne Park for the first time. Register your team to compete against teams from around the city in this tournament where running in the snow adds a whole new dimension. It’s a great way to start your Super Bowl weekend! Adult teams of all calibers are welcome.
Where: Lansdowne Park, Great Lawn, 1015 Bank Street, Ottawa
When: Saturday, February 6 2016 (9am to 6pm)
Don’t miss this opportunity to compete or watch family and friends play. Spectators are welcome, there will be seating and spots to keep warm.
Register here or at any City of Ottawa Recreation Facility or Client Service Centre with barcode #1033665
Registration is 150$ for a team of minimum 5 people. All calibers of mixed players are welcome. Games will be played on smaller fields. Normal rules of touch football apply (see rules on our website www.btfl.ca) except for certain modifications:
- Teams have 5 downs to score touchdown (no matter where they start)
- Games are 30 minutes (no half)
- Tournament will be played snow or shine!
- Indoor change rooms will be made available for each team
- A 3-game round robin determines the order for single elimination playoffs
- Each team is thus guaranteed to play a minimum of 4 games
- There will be referees for each game
- There will be a break for lunch
Spots are LIMITED please register ASAP…
For more info contact email@example.com